Rizhao » City Info » Visa Requirements

Visa Requirements (China)
Types of visas

According to the status of the arriving tourist, the purpose of coming to China and the passport type, the Chinese visa-issuing authorities may separately issue the Diplomatic Visa, Courtesy Visa, Service Visa, or Ordinary Visa.

Ordinary visa

For the ordinary visa, there are eight categories, separately represented by eight Chinese phonetic letters (C, D, F, G, J-1, J-2, L, X, Z) as the visa code.
1) C Visa (Crewmember Visa): issued to crewmember performing his/her duties on board an international train, or on an international airline, to a sailor on board an international ocean-liner or freighter, and also to their accompanying family members.

2) D Visa (Residence Visa): issued to a foreign citizen who has been approved by China’s public security authority to reside in China permanently.

3) F Visa (Business/Visit Visa): Issued to a foreign citizen who is invited to China for the visit, research, lecture, business, exchanges in the fields of science, technology, education, culture and sports, or attending various kinds of trade fairs or exhibitions, or short-term study, intern practice for a period of fewer than 6 months. 

4) G Visa (Transit Visa): issued to a foreign citizen who is to transit through China on his or her way to a third country (or region).

5) L Visa (Tourist Visa): issued to a foreign citizen who comes to China for tourist purpose, family visit or other personal affairs. (multiple-entry is not granted) 

6) X Visa (Study/Student Visa): issued to a foreign citizen who comes to China for the purpose of study or advanced study for a period of six or more months.

7) Z Visa (Work Visa): issued to a foreign citizen who comes to China to work and his or her accompanying family members, or to give commercial performances in China.

8) J Visa (Journalist Visa): issued to foreign journalists. J-visa has two categories:  J-1 visa and J-2 visa. J-1 visa is issued to resident foreign journalists in China and their accompanying spouses and under-age children, J-2 visa to foreign journalists who visit China for temporary news coverage.

Countries/Citizens that do not require VISA to enter Rizhao

1) No visa is required for ordinary passport holders from Singapore, Brunei and Japan to visit China for up to 15 days for business, sightseeing, visiting relatives and friends or transit. 

2) No visa is issued to HIV+ travellers.

3) Visas are not required for the citizens of the countries mentioned below, who transit through Pudong Airport or Hongqiao Airport of Shanghai, provided they hold valid passports, visas for the onward countries, final destination tickets and have booked their stay in Shanghai for less than 48 hours.

Republic of Korea, United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Austria, Greece. 

Application Requirements

1) A valid passport with at least six months validity remaining

2) One visa application form fully completed and signed

3) One passport size photograph 

4) Copy of the Green Card or a valid visa back to the U.S.

5) For the non-U.S. citizen, onward/return tickets or confirmed itinerary

Please note: The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. Please contact your nearest embassy for accurate, up-to-date information.
For more information Visit: Chinese Visa Application Service Centre